Sunday 21 March 2010

Advertising Photographer wins Art Prize


The West Midlands Bi Annual Art Prize has been won by midlands based advertising photographer, Lorentz Gullachsen.

Gullachsen say’s "I was aware that I had two images selected for the exhibition and that was great, but to have won was a great shock. There was some wonderful paintings, fine art illustrations and sculpture in the show. I was honoured just to be selected’"

The image is of an Attendee at the Wolstock festival and part of a personal project, ‘In the American West Midlands’ which was shot in a portable studio over a weekend in Wolverhampton.

Lorentz say's "the last year has been tough for all in advertising and so I have taken the opportunity to do a part time MA at Birmingham City University. It is having a positive effect on my work and I feel I am going to be better equipped for the upturn".

West Midlands Open, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, March 6th – May 2nd 2010.

View Lorentz's LPA folio here.

No comments: