Sunday 22 August 2010

David Bowman Wins LPA Urbanscape Bronze Award

LPA Urbanscape Single Image Winner

David Bowman took his bronze-winning single image in Houston towards the end of 2009. "I'm not really a city person," he says. "Born and raised in rural Wales, I find them to be chaotic and oppressive. I was wandering around Houston looking for interesting subjects and wanted to find a way to convey my feelings about the place. I looked up at the skyscrapers towering around me. Rather than go for the usual receding towers shot, I decided to whip out my ND3 filter which allowed me to drag the shutter for 5 seconds. For four of those seconds, I kept the camera static. In the final second, I shook the camera which added some motion to the picture. I think that motion conveys a sense of chaos."

David trained in photography and audio visual communication and worked as a freelance photographer in the 1980s. He was an early adopter of digital in the late 1990s and began to focus heavily on fine art, travel and portraiture a few years ago. His current goal is to develop his portrait portfolio, enter a number of competitions and explore exhibition opportunities to explore, as well as add to his fine-art portfolio through traveling.

"I love to hear from photographers and those with an avid interest in photography and welcome anyone who wants to join me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DaveBowmanPhotography," he says.

David Bowman LPA Portfolio and Profile Page

No comments: