Thursday 7 October 2010

Sebastian Rich Shoots Ballet In Argentina

From 
Bullets To Ballet
By
Sebastian Rich

Sebastian Rich is a photographer and hard news cameraman and has been working on the front line in war zones for the past three decades.
He has just spent two weeks embedded with the the Julio Bocca Ballet School in Buenos Aires Argentina.

"I am starting to smile behind the camera. Not the perverse smile of the photographer who knows he has got the shot of some one in their quintessential moment of terror in a war zone. But the smile of the photographer who has just captured the most beautiful movement he has ever seen. As I am a lensman and not a pensman I will try and let my pictures tell the story of the dedication and sacrifice of these ballet dancers. I think that’s fair to them and me"

At this point in my new found passion “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”

You can view some of Sebastion's ballet pictures and read the supporting text in his LPA Featured Gallery.

No comments: